Phantom Evil

Phantom Evil - Heather Graham Do you believe in ghosts? Maybe you believe that evil, pure evil can transcend human life. Both beliefs are at the core of Phantom Evil by Heather Graham.

A new team of paranormal investigators, lead by a profiler from the FBI, is sent to New Orleans to investigate the suspicious death of the wife of a state senator. In addition to confronting ghosts and the evil that is inhabiting a local house, these investigators stumble upon corrupt politicians (say it isn't so), a cult masquerading as a church (oh no), and a racist hate group. I forgot to mention that a local voodoo priestess provides probable insight into the beliefs of the deceased. I also forgot to mention that two of the investigators fall head-over-heels in lust after only 2 days, but I digress. I know it sounds like I didn't like this book but it was a decent read even with all of the cliches. I personally think it would have been just as good without the lust fest (I couldn't really call it a romance) between two of the investigators, but that's just my opinion. All things considered Phantom Evil makes for a pretty good weekend or vacation read.